HIV/Aid Awareness and Prevention
Despite substantial progress and excellent institutions, significant challenges remain in the communal fight against HIV/AIDS & STD’s:
- The population served for this project is geared towards
- Minority/Latino boys and girls between the ages of 9-19.
- According to the Center for Disease Control report 2009-2010,
- They are shown to be the most highly infected population.
The general goals of the workshop are:
- To address crucial issues for teens regarding the increasing rates of HIV/AIDS & STD infections among teenagers and
- Help stop the spread of HIV/AIDS & STD’s amongst teens in our community.
- Improve public and community health by educating teenagers and empowering them to address health issues regarding HIV/AIDS and STD’s.
- Provide intervention and prevention skills within a social and educational context.